Coinciding with a recently opened exhibition of New Paintings by Lari Pittman at Regen Projects in Los Angeles, Rizzoli is scheduled to publish a catalog in the spring with texts by Robert Storr, Wayne Koestenbaum, Helen Molesworth, and Lisa Phillips (ISBN 978-0-8478-3576-8). Images and comment by Catlin Moore at DailyServing; also at TamTam.
Other references include:
- Jim Mooney, “Queer Pickings: The Art of Lari Pittman,” Third Text 44 (Autumn 1998), pp. 79-86
- Elizabeth A. Brown, “Inside-Out: Catharsis in the Art of Lari Pittman and Kiki Smith,” The Journal of Arts Management, Law, and Society 27:1 (Spring 1997), pp. 23-35
- Michael Duncan, “Flash and filigree,” Art in America 84:12 (Dec. 1996), pp. 64-71
- Amelia Jones, “Lari Pittman’s queer feminism,” Art & Text 50 (Jan. 1995), pp. 36-42
- Dennis Cooper, Yancy C., Dan Cameron, “Lari Pittman: The August vigilante; sweet thing,” Artforum 31:4 (Dec. 1992), pp. 54-59
- “Lari Pittman by David Pagel,” Bomb 34 (winter 1991), pp. 48-53
Also Art:21, Gladstone Gallery, Gerhardsen Gerner, and Sprueth Magers. Michael Maltzan’s Pittman-Dowell house was featured in Architectural Record, Cretique, architecture lab, CoolBoom, and the New York Times.