Project Europa: Imagining the (Im)Possible, curated by Kerry Oliver-Smith, was on view this spring at the Harn Museum of Art, Gainesville, Fla., and travels to the Wallach Art Gallery at Columbia University, next year.
- Franҫois Cusset, “Art as Minor Politics: Critical Practices and the Twilight of Democratic Dreams in Today’s Europe”
- Alex Alberro, “Between the Particular and the Universal in Post‐Cold War European Art”
- Maria Hlavajova, “Former West”
- Shepherd Steiner, “Dialectical Inroads to a Post‐Political Photography: The Problem of Pure Politics in the work of Lidwien Van De Ven”
- Nora Alter, “A Politics of Listening”
- T.J. Demos, “Dreams of Europe”
- Claire Bishop, “The Projective City: Exhibitions as Social Space in the Early 1990s”
- Tim Griffin, “Democracy and Demographics”
The Gainesville Sun reviewed the show.