In March, Skira Rizzoli published Robert Longo by Caroline Smulders and Gilbert Perlein, “a comprehensive monograph spanning thirty years of the career of acclaimed artist.” Last year, Schirmer/Mosel published Robert Longo: Men in the Cities: Photographs 1976-1982.
- Sarah Evans, “There’s No Place Like Hallwalls: Alternative-Space Installations in an Artists’ Community,” Oxford Art Journal 32:1 (2009)
- Robert Longo: The Freud Drawings (exh. cat., Krefeld and Vienna, 2002)
- Longo and Thomas Kellein, Magellan (exh. cat., Tübingen, Rotterdam, Bielefeld, 1997)
- Anthony Bannon, “Robert Longo: A Practice of Art” (Ph.D. dissertation, University of Buffalo, 1996)
- Howard Fox, Robert Longo (exh. cat., Los Angeles, Chicago and Hartford, 1989-90)
- Carter Ratcliff, Robert Longo (Rizzoli, 1985)
- the artist’s website, and page at Metro Pictures