Last year, for Simon Starling’s exhibition at the Temporäre Kunsthalle, Berlin, Walther Koenig published Simon Starling: Under Lime, edited by Julian Heynen with contributions from Angela Rosenberg, Heynen and Dominic Eichler (DAP). That exhibition was reviewed by Florence Mackenzie in Frieze. Also last year, Mass MOCA hosted “The Nanjing Particles,” with catalog by Susan Cross and Anthony W. Lee (DAP).
- Wade Saunders and Anne Rochette, “Simon Starling” (online at Art in America, 2/1/10) on the 2009 exhibition “THEREHERETHENTHERE”
- Tag Gronberg, “Simon Starling: Crafting the Modern,” Journal of Modern Craft 1:1 (March 2008), pp. 101-115
- Marjolaine Lévy, “Made in Starling. Simon Starling, à la recherche de la motivation perdue,” Cahiers du Musée National d’Art Moderne 105 (Autumn 2008) pp. 74-99
- Turner Prize 2005 and Casey Kaplan Gallery
- “Transporting Visions: Daniel Birnbaum on the Art of Simon Starling,” Artforum (February 2004)
- Raimar Stange, “Public relations: uber die asthetischen Strategien von Simon Starling,” Kunst-Bulletin 5 (May 2001), pp. 20-5