- Simon Sheikh, “The Politics of Art and the Process of Biennialization”
- Diedrich Diederichsen, “Speaking of Political Art”
- Claire Bishop, “Art and Politics”
- Tom Holert, “Critique or Gesture: Is That the Alternative?”
- Tania Bruguera, “Political Art Transforms the Audience into Citizens”
- Otto Karl Werckmeister, “Marx’s Theorie Does Not Prescribe an Art of the Left”
and discussions of Willem de Rooij, Saâdane Afif, Cosima von Bonin, Falke Pisano, Barbara Kruger, “Utopie und Monument II. Über die Virtuosität des Öffentlichen,” “How many Billboards? Art In Stead,” “Mixed Use, Manhattan: Photography and Related Practices 1970s to the Present,” Andy Warhol, “Che Fare? Arte povera,” Chto Delat?, and Wolfgang Tillmans.