SCAH is now accepting self-nominations from graduate students and scholars at any stage, both members and non-members, for two-year executive board member positions. In an effort to see the board better reflect the expansive diversity of the field as a whole, we especially encourage the self-nominations of persons from underrepresented backgrounds or whose work contributes a more representative breadth of approaches and topics within contemporary art history.
About the Executive Board
The SCAH Executive Board meets roughly four times annually to coordinate the efforts of the organization in support of its membership. Executive Board members also chair and coordinate SCAH panels for CAA and other conferences, oversee the publication of the Foreign Language Index, and organize member events and services. The environment of the SCAH Executive Board is welcoming, intellectually curious, and committed to an ethical and thoughtful engagement with current concerns of contemporary art history as a dynamic field of study and practice.
SCAH is currently soliciting self-nominations for the roles of Vice President, Webmaster, Treasurer, Programs Coordinator, and the new role of Graduate Representative (descriptions below). Each of these positions have two-year terms and will begin in February 2022. Outgoing board members in each of these positions, with the exception of Vice President, will remain as at-large members for one year to assist with the transition process by offering substantive support to incoming board members. The Vice President will work closely with the President for the duration of their two-year term (before assuming the position of President themselves).
We have extended our deadline!
Self-nominations for any of these positions should be submitted by June 30, 2021 to Christian Whitworth at email@example.com. Please include a 1-2 sentence bio and 1-2 sentence description outlining your goals for the position. These statements will be shared with the membership during the election process. Self-nominations are welcome from SCAH members as well as non-members.
Elections will open in mid-summer 2021 via Google Forms with an announcement to the SCAH membership, and close six weeks later, with results to be announced in September 2021. You must be a member to vote in the elections. If you are not a member, please sign up here. We now have a pay-as-you-can and student option.
- Vice President (works with incoming president to determine the direction of the society, contributes to the development of SCAH initiatives and activities, follows their two-year vice-presidency with a three-year term as president)
- Webmaster (manages scahweb.org and works with the head of Communications to increase members’s access and to and involvement in current news, resources, and online exhibits of featured artists)
- Treasurer (manages SCAH finances and provides assistance in conceptualizing SCAH programs based on available funds; works closely with member services)
- Programs Coordinator (coordinates/supports all SCAH programs other than the CAA annual conference panel, including organizing online programs and liaising with regional program efforts)
- Graduate Representative (addresses the needs of contemporary art history graduate students)
If you have any questions about nominations or any other election related matters, please email Jacob or Christian.